Welcome to Rick's Corner !

Get your questions answered, directly from our Director of Engineering and Team of Support staff!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How do I clean my fan filter and how often should I clean it?

The small plastic cover over the filter and fan “pops off” with your finger nail, then just run the filter under hot water to clean and then quickly dry and replace. And “pop” the cover back into place.

The cleaning should be done periodically depending on how quickly it becomes clogged. Cleaning the filter will increase the reliability of the DVR. If the DVR becomes very hot it will stop recording, so keep the filters clean and eliminate intermittent recording issues.

1 comment:

  1. Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have.
    Ceiling Fan

    ReplyDelete